Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic the WISDOM Membership Dinner on May 27th has been cancelled. It is now a zoom installation for the WISDOM officers and board.
WISDOM elects new officers and board
WISDOM has elected officers and board members for 2020-21. They will be installed at WISDOM’s annual meeting, which will be conducted via ZOOM starting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 27.
These women were nominated for two-year terms as officers:
President: Teri Weingarden, Jewish, of West Bloomfield
Vice Presidents, Board Development: Paula Drewk, Baha’i, of Warren, and Patricia Harris, Roman Catholic, of Bloomfield Hills
Vice Presidents, Membership: Bobbie Lewis, Jewish, of Detroit, and Shama Mehta, Hindu, of Livonia
Vice Presidents, Programming: Sameena Basha, Muslim, of Bloomfield Hills and Ayesha Khan, Muslim, of Bloomfield Hills
Vice Presidents, Public Relations/Marketing: Karin Dains, LDS, of Lathrup Village and Gail Katz, Jewish, of Bloomfield Hills
New members nominated to the board are:
- Rev. Stancy Adams of Bloomfield Hills, Baptist, associate pastor at Russell Street Missionary Baptist Church and chair of the Interfaith Leadership Council.
- Mary Gilhuly of Oak Park, Roman Catholic, an artist and designer and co-founder of Song & Spirit Institute for Peace
- Suzanne Levin of Pleasant Ridge; Jewish, a retired physician assistant
- Reem Saleh of Dearborn, Muslim, a hospice social worker
- Rev. Diane Van Marter of Detroit, United Methodist, pastor of Faith Macomb United Methodist Church
General board members continuing their two-year terms are the Rev. Dr. Rose Cooper, Unity, of Lathrup Village; Uzma Sharaf, Muslim, of Bloomfield Hills, and the Rev. Carolyn Simon. Unity, of Southfield.
WISDOM’s Advisory Board includes Parwin Anwar, Muslim, of Sterling Heights; Sharon Buttry, Baptist, of Hamtramck; Peggy Dahlberg, Episcopalian, of Bloomfield Hills; Fran Hildebrandt, Jewish, of Farmington Hills; Delores Lyons, Buddhist, of Detroit; Brenda Rosenberg, Jewish, of Bloomfield Hills; Gigi Salka, Muslim, of Bloomfield Hills and Maryann Schlie, Unity, of Beverly Hills.
General members of WISDOM are welcome; annual dues are $25 and may be paid via the WISDOM website, www.interfaithwisdom.org. General members are invited to join any of WISDOM’s standing committees: Board Development, Finance, Membership, Program and Public Relations.
WISDOM wishes everyone to remain safe and healthy at this very difficult and scary time!!